The DRIVER 2.0 is the continuing evolution of our most proven and popular Pro-formance Shortboard and the winner of the 2019 Stab in the Dark All Stars Edition featuring Dane Reynolds, Jordy Smith and Mick Fanning. Designed through direct feedback and ongoing refinement with rigorous testing from our pinnacle team riders, specifically Kolohe Andino and Griffin Colapinto, as well as Carissa Moore and young Caroline Marks.
The DRIVER 2.0 is a direct reflection of what our team has pushed us to create, to keep up with their pinnacle performance surfing demands. The DRIVER 2.0 is actually an easier board to ride, for both the Pros and the Bros (and Girls too).
- More gradual, entry rocker, for glide and 'no pump' speed, out the gate = Connecting sections more effortlessly and carry speed though drawn out turns.
- Wider nose outline for more front foot drive and speed, down the line and through carving turns. This also creates a stable platform for the front foot, when landing reverse and fin free tail wafts.
- Thicker along the center with a more pronounced Vee deck and low, yet forgiving rails = More paddle power and drive, but still sensitive, with the ability to engage the rail. This added thickness does not feel 'corky'
- Thinner, yet more boxy rails through the tail, with more edge, for quick reaction from heel to toe and holding in while slicing through high speed carves.
- More rail rocker through the tail, creating more curve and a deeper concave under the rear foot = More POP, high speed, short radius arcs and vertical pocket surfing off the tail.
Overall, the dimensions and volume are slightly up from years past, allowing the top pros more momentum and glide, yet still responsive ride. At the same time, allowing Bros more forgiveness and the ability to ride what the Pros are riding.